Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Surgery is never pretty

Our New York City bathroom, and I'm glad I'm seeing this from 1000 miles away. Our surgeon removed a bad renovation made by the previous owner and uncovered the original subway-style wall tiles and basket weave floor tiles from 1925. Unfortunately, it's all got to go. Co-ops get nervous when you disturb old pipes, so our renovation has to be minimal. I'm actually rather fond of the post-apocalyptic look. Maybe we should tell him to stop work now?

6 comments:

evilganome said...

Your bathroom bears a frightening resemblance to my apartment.

Nelly said...

Umm. No. Keep going.

Java said...

That's an interesting concept, but with the electrical wires hanging in the empty space, I think this might not be the best place to stop. Also, what to do without a toilet? (Please don't answer that question)

dpaste said...

Hey, to each their own, but I'll be sure to hit the Starbucks restroom before I come over for a visit.

Mike said...

What a lovely bathroom. I think I saw it in a Hitchcock flick...or was it a Roger Corman picture?

bj said...

if you must continue, can't you at least wait 'til i get a few buddies and my film crew in - shouldn't take more than a few hours of shooting.....