Thursday, August 26, 2010

Today on Bilerico: She Prayed For Love, And Guess What?

Loved receiving this letter:


Dear Father Tony,

My name is Karen.  I am writing because you were recommended to me by a friend of mine.  I have hit a spiritual crisis.  I'll be brief.  I am Catholic. I am bi-sexual.  I am marrying a transgendered woman.  I can't believe I just wrote that.  I just wrote that.  My family has been Catholic since the 1500's in France.  I can't be anything besides Catholic.  My greatest fear is that now it will be discovered, not by my family, not by my friends, but by a church.  I ceased going to mass when our relationship began almost three years ago almost entirely.  I think I've been a total of three times in as many years.  I feel torn in half.  I sound insane to people.  I love God.  I love the church.  I love this woman.  I can't, it seems have my soul and my heart enter a room without colliding.... 



For the rest of the letter and my response, head over to Bilerico.

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Powerful letter and response! Karen has a very wise friend in suggesting you. Great line "It's not their church, it's your church."