Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thursday on Bilerico: The Beef of the Bedless Beach Boy

You will have to go to my advice column at Bilerico sometime after 2PM Thursday if you'd like to read my response to the following letter.

Father T,

Early in July my friend Chip invited me out to Fire Island for the weekend. He has part of a share in a house in the Pines. As it turns out, I was already acquainted with one of his housemates, Fernando. We had such a great time that weekend, Fernando extended me an invitation to come back again a few weeks later. I ran into him the weekend before we were headed to the beach and he confirmed again that we were on. Then, Monday morning I get an email saying that he's not going to be able to go to the beach because he's got to help his mother paint her living room. I'm bummed, but accept that family comes first and make other plans.

Well, Friday rolls around and I hear from Chip. He asks me why I'm not at the beach with Fernando, and I explain about the house painting. Then Chip says, "oh really, because his Facebook page says he's enjoying the beach." Now I don't know how to feel! I'm hurt because if his plans changed, shouldn't I be invited out again? How do I respond?!

Uninvited

6 comments:

R J Keefe said...

In the dictionary, under "TMI"....

TED said...

Gay man finds someone he likes better and rescinds an invitation. Film at 11.

dpaste said...

Well, the answer is obvious: He knows where the house is. He just needs to be sure he brings enough kindling to get the fire started properly.

Mark said...

a rather succint "DUH" is all the answer that is necessary here.

Ray said...

Agreed, TMIK....or, in other words, "much ado about nothing..."

Ray said...

After all, we're all dogs, so we're all alike, right Father Tony. So you just forget about it and move on to the next guy...