Saturday, October 18, 2008

Michaelangelo Signorile interviews Father Geof Farrow

You've probably been to his blog and read his words but here is a fine interview that will let you hear his voice and ought to indicate why I think he is sincere. I may not agree 100% with the way he handled his announcement, but whole teams of presidential candidate handlers have done a lot worse than this one priest at getting their message across.

I hope he's got a rich boyfriend because the job market for such a man is very limited.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surely you jest.
He'll do just fine as an Episcopalian- might even become a bishop!

Tony Adams said...

I don't think he's interested in that possibility right now.

Anonymous said...

After all your (appropriate and warranted) posts on this man, I took a look at his own blog and then clicked on his pic. I think Fr Farmboyz may have a teensy little crush on Fr Geoff. (And if so, who could blame you?)

Tony Adams said...

Dear Deuteronomy,
Not my type.
And, even when I was single, I never dated priests. Never felt any attraction to them probably because they were so my own tribe.
My attention to his public profile is rooted in my strong desire to sabotage the current annoying parade that is today's Roman Catholic leadership. He's fired a shot that hit the target.

Mike said...

The man deserves a nice boyfriend, he's gorgeous.

Jeff said...

Mike-

Father Geoff doesn't deserve a nice boyfriend because he's "gorgeous", he deserves one because he is a good. decent, and courageous man.

Vic Mansfield said...

Thanks for this link. It was a great interview. Many will fault him for becoming so "public" about it all. He knew he would pay a cost, and I think he is doing just the right thing. we need to talk about it. And he has a "bully pulpit" (lol) right now.

And he is a handsome man, but so much more beautiful for his stance, his witness (greek: martyros), and his authenticity.

Do you think he can cook, too?

Tony Adams said...

Dear Bear Me Out,
What he doesn't know, he can learn.