Sunday, March 01, 2009

Winter Party Beach Party 2009

The rain held off, the shirts came off, and the Task Force pulled off another huge success. I can't imagine an event better managed or better organized.

There is something about a tribal gathering that is edifying even for someone like me, old enough to be the father of most of the men here. On the reverse, the older men are not marginalized here, nor are women, nor people of color.

Everyone ought to enjoy this exhilarating rite of passage at least once. A party with a purpose.

2 comments:

D said...

Boy, that's a lot of skin. =)

Anonymous said...

oh. oh. The only thing that makes me wanna do is buy tanner and join the gym which i do not really want to do so i would have to pass on that shindig. I must say however, whoever decorated that balloon ceiling certainly has my hat off to them. That was really creative.