Thursday, May 12, 2005

seminary


, originally uploaded by farmboyz.

When we walk out onto our deck at dawn before work, or at dusk when we return, this is part of the generous panorama that will make it hard for us to abandon this spot, this home of ours, built from scratch a few years back. This picture does not include the city skyline, or the old farm silos or the ancient cemetery or the village of homes just below us, but it does show you the Gothic tower of the seminary in which I lived for six years, on the edge of a valley cut by what the Indians called "the long tidal river". I was a little boy. All of fourteen. Ready for anything that would take me away. Story to follow.

2 comments:

XX said...

A truly Lovecraftian locale. I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

I dunno about Mr. Lovecraft, but it reminds me of Castlevania. Neat...! ;)