Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Szymon Niemiec

I have never known what to make of this guy. I have been getting email from him for years. He seems to be waging a one-man campaign for gay liberation in Poland. Or, is he just an entrepreneur with a personal product? There's something to be said for perdurance. Think of Larry Kramer. Where would we be without his voice? (And if you ever want to read one of the best short stories ever written, get his Mrs. Tefillin.) There are prophets among us. To date, I have shunned that role when it comes to Catholicism, but it dogs me.

4 comments:

Birdie said...

If you knew without a doubt that the world was listening, what would you say?

TED said...

True prophets don't seem to have much choice in the matter. Their god either speaks through them or it doesn't. I seem to recall that prophets who resist get brought into line, sometimes through rather dramatic measures.

dantallion said...

I was on his mailing list as well (until very recently). In an admittedly cranky "I hate spam" moment, I requested to be removed from it, Not very community-minded of me, I guess...

Mike said...

I thought Peter Tatchell was the European Union's "official queer."