Friday, April 10, 2009

Answers to the "Guess" post

Sorry to have forgotten about this.

In the compartments of a container I found in an old warehouse, were these dental molds or appliances.

In the second photo are scarlet quince we grew on the farm. I'd gather them in late summer. They are like tiny pale green apples with no stems separating them from their branches. When kept in a bowl indoors, they release a spicy perfume. Over several months they turn into the rusty wrinkly rocks you see in the photo. I drilled holes through a number of them and strung them into a Wilma Flintstone necklace that I wore with matching suede hush puppies and tie-dyed rayon shirt to thrill the locals at some nervous social event in the Wretched Little City.

2 comments:

Stash said...

so what's the Wretched Little City?

Java said...

Thank you, Tony. The suspense has been keeping me awake nights since the original post. To distract myself I've been having lots of wild, colorful sex.