Sunday, November 22, 2009

Mixnyc.org because it is bad to take yourself too seriously.

On Friday at midnight we went to a MIX NYC art installation and video show at 125 West 21st Street in NYC. We were invited by Christian and were warmly welcomed by friendly fun-loving faeries. About MIX NYC:
MIX NYC Promotes, produces and preserves experimental media that is rooted in the lives, politics and experiences of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and otherwise queer-identified people. MIX’s work challenges mainstream notions of gender and sexuality while also upending traditional categories of form and content.

I would love to get a copy of the video in which a naked young man staring at a TV with zombie eyes repeatedly droned "I'm an activist. I'm an activist. I'm an activist." There are easily two dozen people to whom I'd like to send that clip.

Here are Christian, The Baad Lamb and Daisy


I met someone named Busy who really wasn't.


The Baad Lamb recumbent.

The Baad Lamb has a history of climbing without hesitance into inviting art installations. This happened two years ago.

And this happened at Exit Art.

No comments: